CIG are pleased to announce that booking is now open for our 2014 conference – Metadata : Making an Impact.
With the rise of RDA, the development of BIBFRAME and the ever-increasing pressure on library budgets, traditional metadata is undergoing something of a transformation. New models are emerging as technologies change and the way we think about metadata is evolving as well. Moreover, good metadata provides much more than just tidy catalogue records; it underpins the entirety of a user’s experience and has the potential to help or hinder. So where next? What impact will these changes have? And how can this best be maximized in terms of ‘adding value’ to your organization? The 2014 conference aims to stimulate debate around the impact that metadata has, and can have, on cataloguers, cataloguing teams and institutions.
The conference will run from 1:30pm on September 8th to 1:30pm on September 10th, with the conference dinner on the evening of the 9th. It’s also likely that there will be a visit planned for the afternoon of the 10th.
Rates are as follows (prices are *inclusive* of VAT):
– Early-bird CIG member – £340 (available until the 30th June 2014)
– Early-bird non-member – £400 (available until the 30th June 2014)
– Late-booking CIG member – £380 (from 1st July 2014)
– Late-booking non-member – £440 (from 1st July 2014)
– Day rate for attending 9th Sept only – £95 for CIG members
– Day rate for attending 9th Sept only – £120 for non-members
Full details and booking information can be found on our registration website. We look forward to seeing you there for what promises to be an exciting and thought provoking event.