CIG Scotland is delighted to bring together speakers from four organisations to share their experiences in implementing RDA within their respective institutions. The organisations are at different stages of implementation and promise to provide expert insights into the challenges and joy of implementing RDA.
The talks will be followed by an open forum, where delegates will be encouraged to ask the panel questions, to share their own experiences, and to highlight issues, concerns and opportunities around the transition to the new standard.
- Alasdair MacDonald, Metadata Co-ordinator, University of Edinburgh
- Neil Nicholson, Metadata Manager, National Library of Scotland
- Iain Veitch, Deputy Cataloguing Manager, University of St Andrews
- Jenny Wright, Training & Development Manager, Bibliographic Data Services Limited (BDS)
We are also delighted to welcome Gordon Dunsire, Chair of the Joint Steering Committee on RDA, who will provide a brief overview on the future direction of the standard. The event will benefit catalogers and cataloging managers planning to implement RDA, currently implementing RDA, or who have recently implemented RDA.
- Date: Wednesday 27th May
- Time: 10.30am-3.30pm
- Venue: National Library of Scotland Board Room, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW
- Cost: £36 for CIG/CIGS members, £42 for non-members. VAT is included in the cost.
A sandwich lunch will be provided. Directions are available at: http://www.nls.uk/info/locationmap/index.cfm#gb
Registration To book a place, please supply the following details to Paul Cunnea, CIGS Secretary, at email@example.com
- Your name
- Invoice address (or state that you will pay on the day)
- Are you a CIG/CIGS member?
- Special dietary requirements
Please note that invoices will be issued after the event, and late cancellations will be charged at full price. For enquiries regarding purchase orders or invoicing please contact CIGS Treasurer Ann Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the seminar – and look out for other RDA events in May!
Registration closes 22nd May