Training Bursary – Library Juice Online Course – Dewey Decimal Classification
Already thinking about CPD for 2018? Would you like to enhance your Dewey classification skills?
CIG is offering 1 free registration on the Dewey Decimal Classification course which runs between February 5th – March 2nd 2018.
You will learn how to:
- Analyse the subject matter of resources in order to assign Dewey numbers.
- Use Web Dewey (trial access is included for the duration of the course) to find, select and build Dewey numbers.
- Use Dewey tables to add depth to classification numbers.
- Make confident decisions when classifying resources that straddle subject areas.
- Critically analyse Dewey numbers in copy cataloguing records.
The course is taught asynchronously so that you can fit your study around your work/life commitments. Tuition is via readings, assignments and an online discussion forum.
You will also receive a certificate on successful completion of the course.
How to apply:
To apply for the free registration you must be a CIG member (although CILIP membership is not required.) The application (approx. 200 words) should demonstrate why you would like to enrol; how you would use this training opportunity to highlight or promote CIG’s special areas of interest; and why you would not be able to enrol without CIG sponsorship.
If you are successful you will be required to write about your experience of the course and its’ content. Your report, or summary, will be shared with CIG members via the CIG blog and/or our professional journal.
Please submit your application to the Honorary Secretary Emily Bogie, firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th January 2018.
Applicants will be notified whether they have been successful by 26th January 2018.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch at Info.email@example.com.