Thinking about CPD for 2019?
Just starting out on your career or looking to update your skills?
Would you like to learn how to create, edit and manipulate library metadata using MarcEdit?
CIG is offering 1 free registration on the Using MarcEdit course 4th- 29th March 2019.
You will learn about & practice:
* Bulk editing records; adding, deleting & changing data; joining & splitting files of records
* Enhancing records including RDA enhancement options; adding FAST subject headings; data normalisation using task lists, batch processing and exporting records
* Extract & build new fields; create records from spreadsheets; save & merge records
* Regular expressions
The course is taught asynchronously so that you can fit your study around your work/life commitments. Tuition is via readings, assignments and an online discussion forum.
You will also receive a certificate on successful completion of the course.
How to apply
* To apply for the free registration you must be a CIG member (although CILIP membership is not required.) * The application (approx. 200 words) should be emailed to Info.firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: Application for CIG Sponsored MarcEdit Online Training
* Why you would like to enrol
* How you would use this training opportunity to highlight, or promote, CIG’s special areas of interest
* Why you would not be able to enrol without CIG sponsorship
* If you are successful you will be required to write about your experience of the course and its’ content.
Your report, or summary, will be shared with CIG members via the CIG blog and/or our professional journal.
* Please submit your by 18th January 2019.
* Applicants will be notified whether they have been successful by 1st February 2019.
***Please remember that Employers, as institutional CIG or CILIP members, can also receive a 20% discount on Library Juice Academy courses.
Membership of CILIP Special Interest Groups is managed via the institutional member login on the CILIP webpages.