From the editorial – Catalogue and Index: Issue 191.
“Welcome to C&I 191, our issue that is dedicated to the concept of ethics, trust
and value within cataloguing. The topic of ethics within librarianship has been a
focus for CILIP over the last year with a variety of workshops, events and
sessions having taken place, leading to a new ethical framework for information
professionals. It, therefore, seemed timely for us to address this issue within the
world of cataloguing and metadata.
Some of the articles raise as many questions as offer solutions and invite us to
think about our own ethical stance within our day to day work, and to be aware
of problems that have arisen in the past and become embedded in our systems”.
- Metadata, Ethics & Trust, by David Haynes
- Cataloguing & the Greatest Good, by Arwen Caddy
- Ethical issues in catalogue content standards, by Gordon Dunsire
- Complex Decisions: Overturning the Rules to Create Inclusive Systems, by Julia Bullard
- An International Cataloguing Code of Ethics?, by Jane Daniels
- Full Issue (191)